Thursday, September 3, 2009

Intro Time

So, this is not my first attempt at a blog, but the spirit has moved me to try once again. I don't know if this will be at all interesting, but I've been feeling more and more like I want to get some brain thoughts into text form, so here we are.

For your information, the username in the URL is pronounced like an English speaker who didn't know Spanish would pronounce it: "el-TOMP-so" ([ɛl.'tʰamp.soʊ] for the linguists). It's partly inspired by "El Barto" but mostly by the fact that the standardized tests in high school didn't have enough spaces for my name, so when I got the scores back, I was "Michael Lee-Thompso". I've definitely come to appreciate the "-o" ending on things since taking Latin, since a lot of words that end in "-on" in English end in "-o" in Latin (e.g. -tion words, the name "Jason", et al). The title of the blog is a phrase I often use to start a conversation topic with someone.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm a 25-years-old man who lives in Baltimore, MD. I'm from a combination of northern IL and WI. I just moved in to a place where I'm living by myself for the first time ever, so that may be one impetus for this blog.

Let's see what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment