Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Bit Of A Downer

I got some disappointing news today in the form of finding out that a girl I was starting to really like at work has a boyfriend. Now, I know what you’re going to do - you’re going to evoke the timeless words of Lex Luthor (Smallville version) and say “A boyfriend isn’t a husband, he’s an obstacle”, but I don’t know this girl very well, so I’m just gonna drop it. It’s not like I was madly in love with her or anything, but it’s never the most fun thing to find out, especially at the beginning of an 8-hour work day.

I don’t think this will fan out the flame that is my recent upswing in general mood, but it certainly puts a damper on things. Tomorrow is softball practice, which will be great. I really enjoy playing a reasonable facsimile of baseball.

0 comments:

Post a Comment